Monday, August 16, 2010

Update

I MUST start this with a huge "Thank You" for all the prayers and support. I told the surgeon today we (he and I) had 3000 - 4000 people around the country praying for us.

I hesitate going into much detail. I guess those that are interested in those kinds of things can take this bit of information and piece it together. We are definitely headed into surgery. I have two pre-surgery tests / procedures I must complete before surgery. We hope to complete these this week or early next week. We will be setting these dates tomorrow. Upon completion of these 2 items, we will be going into surgery asap. We plan to have the surgery no later than 3 weeks from now.

The surgery will be to replace the aortic valve and the ascending aorta. It turns out this is going to be a bit more complicated than I first anticipated. The surgeon was clear this is a "complex" surgery we will be doing. Leigh Ann and I liked the surgeon. We have confidence he is qualified and competent to do what is needed. But, as all of you who read this blog know, our confidence lies in the Great Physician. This is all in His hands! When He knit me together in my mother's womb, He was fully aware this would be an issue for me to deal with some day. This is all a part of transforming me into the likeness of Jesus Christ.

When we have an exact date for the surgery we will let you know. It will be much sooner than later. For those of you who are part of the ClearView family, I will see you this Wednesday night or Sunday morning.

5 comments:

Asian Hot Happenings said...

Hey Mark...My bible study group is praying for you. Say hey to Leigh Ann and the girls for us. Keep us updated. Love...Marlana

Dana Tucker said...

Mark, thanks for sharing the update. Now we know specifically how to pray for your surgery and your recovery. You will probably get more chocolate pies out of this than you could ever eat. Praying faithfully for you.

Dana Tucker

Anonymous said...

Pastor,
You, and your family, continue to be in our prayers. Though we realize that prayer itself is a major help, we still wish there was more we could do. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
- Mark & Sharon Robinson

Tiffany Green said...

Mark,

I am praying faithfully each day and night for complete healing. I am praying for Leigh Ann, Tiffany, and Brittany and for all of those who will be looking after you. I pray for peace that only God can provide to wash over each one of you. Your faith is an inspiration to us all.

In Him,
Tiffany Green

Michael Christian said...

Mark, I just heard today about your pending surgery. Please know that my family and I are praying for you, your family, and your medical team. I love you, brother!