Thursday, August 19, 2010

Surgery date and recovery period information

Well, we now have a surgery date. The surgery is set for September 2. There are a few hoops to jump through between now and then. The biggest one will be a heart cath August 24. This is routine for any open heart surgeries.

Now for the hardest news of all for me. I will out of the pulpit for 2 months. I will miss preaching / teaching the people of ClearView.

However, I am excited to announce my friend Ed Stetzer will be preaching all but 2 of the Sundays I am gone. Ed is one of the most sought after preachers in the country. Ed is President of LifeWay Research, conference speaker, consultant, and preacher. He will do an extraordinary job of teaching God's Word every week. I am honored he is willing to help during this time.

On Wednesday evenings, we will have 2 solid teachers leading us. Dr. Micah Carter and Jedidiah Coppenger will be leading our Bible study times in the main room. Both men are good friends and exceptional teachers.

I have said all along this journey is for my growth without a doubt. But I also know it is for the flock I shepherd. I want to encourage you to make an extra effort to attend. God will deliver strong messages through these men during this time. He has something He wants to say through voices other than mine.

No comments: