Thursday, August 26, 2010

Change of Date

Well, it seems my surgeon will be out of town on Sept. 2. That will make it impossible to do the surgery :-). We have had a last minute change of plans. THE NEW SURGERY DATE IS SEPTEMBER 8.

That gives all of us more time to pray, right? [I am trying to see the positive in this] It has always been my opinion when something like this happens, God is moving it for a great reason we will probably never know.

As of this moment, all plans at ClearView will remain the same. Ed Stetzer will begin preaching this coming Sunday (August 29) and I will return to the pulpit October 31. We will do so under doctor's supervision and counsel.

Thank you for everyone's patience with this shift in plans.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Buddy, I and all of us at The Gathering will be praying for you.

David Foster

debbie jackson said...

Mark,
I took care of a patient 2 days ago. He had the same surgeon for heart surgery @ Vandy. He said to tell you you are in "good hands". He highly recommended him & felt he got great care with your doctor. So from an unsolicited opinion, you have picked a good physician
debbie jackson

LBCmomto3 said...

Hey, Pastor Mark. You and your family have been on my mind a lot over the last 10 days.

My dad had open heart surgery at Baptist last Friday and was discharged on Tuesday. He suffered a heart attack exactly 4 weeks after major spinal surgery. In the week leading up to his surgery, many people tried to assure us that open heart surgery wasn't "a big deal." I would have been inclined to agree if it weren't *my* father undergoing it!

Now that we are on the other side of things I can tell you that open heart surgery is nothing short of miraculous. It has amazed me to see my 64 year-old father - who is convalescing from July's spinal surgery and has rheumatoid arthritis - truly bounce back from this more quickly than any previous surgery.

I am praying for you, your medical team and especially your wife and children as I am fully aware of how they are feeling now.

Mark said...

Thank you everyone!

David Foster, great to hear from you my friend. Thanks for your prayers along with all those of The Gathering.

Hope to see you at the Y in a couple months.