Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Two great Sundays


The past two Sundays were just incredible at ClearView. When we had over 1540 in worship August 10, I wondered if we could better that on the 17th. Well, we hit over 1570 in worship on the 17th. Wow! These are record breaking back to back Sundays. The only time we have had larger crowds has been Christmas and Easter. We have never had two weeks back to back like this. I am so grateful for all God is doing. More than the numbers in worship have been the numbers responding that they wish to become members of CV and / or know more about a relationship with Christ. We had several families and individuals respond via the famous "tear offs" over the past few weeks.


If you are reading this as a member of CV I need your help. We have a couple of wing sections of seats down front near the stage. Maybe you could talk 10 or 12 of your closest friends to join you in sitting in them. I know, I'm asking a lot of my favorite people (my blog readers :-)). Really, I won't call on you or spit on you if you choose to sit down front.


Also, we definitely went over time this past Sunday during the first service which created a MAJOR bottleneck in the hallways. We will aim at getting out much earlier this week and eliminate this problem. Please spread the word.


If you get this before tomorrow night (Wednesday night) we think we have solved our space challenges we have encountered on Wednesday nights. Who would have ever thought we would have space issues on Wednesdays. You guys are awesome!!! I can't wait to see you tomorrow night!

2 comments:

Mike Butcher said...

WOW! Those numbers are awesome, and I think this speaks volumes about our church leadership. I think you guys are a big part of the reason for the increasing crowds. I believe people are hungry for God's Word, and it is quite obvious that we are getting fed at ClearView. I hope we continue to see this kind of growth! Mike

Mark said...

Thanks Mike. God is giving favor these days. Let's make Him famous!