Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A Day of Gratitude

While it is true that we should maintain an attitude of gratitude at all times, today was a day when I just seemed to be especially grateful. There was an old hymn we sang in church when I was growing up: "Count your many blessings, name them one by one". Here are some of the thoughts I have been flooded with today.

1. God's patience with my frailty.
2. A wife who love's me more than I deserve.
3. Two daughters who have somehow turned out with a heart for taking the gospel to the nations ... despite my imperfections as a parent.
4. A church with a desire for God's Word and a growing heart for those around us without Christ.
5. A church that loves each other, my family, and me.
6. A beutiful view from my house.
7. Relatively cool weather in August.
8. God's faithfulness each week in my time of preparation.
9. Health.
10. Dark chocolate (sorry ... couldn't be serious all the way through ... but I am grateful).
Your turn ...

2 comments:

Mike Butcher said...

I'm grateful to have a pastor that is willing to teach us God's Word and how to study it! Mike

Mark said...

Thanks Mike. You da man!