Thursday, August 21, 2008

To twitter or not to twitter

That is indeed the question. I've answer it for now. I am twittering. For some of you twitter is a familiar word. For others it is new.

Here is the statement from twitter.com web site related to the purpose of this somewhat new technology:
Twitter is a service for friends, family, and co–workers to communicate and stay connected through the exchange of quick, frequent answers to one simple question: What are you doing?

In layman's terms it means intermittently throughout the day, I will "twitter" what I am doing at that moment. What I am thinking or doing at that moment. Now, I will warn you, I have followed a couple of twitters for several weeks. It can be funny. It can be informative. It can be downright silly at times. It can even be annoying. You can sign up by going to the twitter website here. You can have the twitter sent to your web only. Or you can have it sent to your mobile phone as well as the web. It will come in as a text message. For those that follow my facebook page, my status will now be updated via twitter ... I think (at least I tried to set that up).

I will be learning to send photos via twitter when I get my email fixed on my blackberry. So from time to time you will get a candid shot with comments. It's still new technology to me so I will be learning for a few days.

One more thing. When you sign on and search for me under my name. There are currently four Mark Marshalls (who knew?). Mine is mxmarsh.

Why do I feel between facebook, the blog, ClearView's site, and now twitter I am walking into the heart of the Matrix. If you like communication and information, here it is :-).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would be cool to have someone embed your twitter feed into the sidebar of this blog site or even the ClearView website so even non-twitter folks can see your updates. keep up the good work

Mark said...

Good idea Steve. I will look into it. I've seen a few like this but I haven't put all the pieces together yet. Looking for more of a seamless experience with all this techno stuff. Are you volunteering :-)?

Anonymous said...

Be glad to assist with the Twitter thing. Just need a few usernames/passwords!