Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A word to the people of ClearView

I came a across a passage of Scripture in my study today that I must share with the people of the church I serve. I was reminded that when a pastor goes through a trial like the one I have been walking through with my health, an entire group of people are affected. It is a test for more than just the pastor. Since the day I found out about the surgery I was to have this has been a truth that has been on my mind. I had to turn that over to the Lord early.

When you have a mission and a clear vision God has laid on your heart for a group of people, you don't want to go through a period that seems like you are simply spinning your wheels. You want to keep moving forward ... and the faster the better! No breaks. No waiting times. No times when you are not running on all cylinders. The pages of the calendar are turning and you are not seeing advance as you would desire as a leader. But, God had a different plan. My surgery and recovery has called for a different pace. I can only trust God is at work in the lives of the people for whom He has given me responsibility.

So many have prayed for me. So many have ministered to me through cards and meals. Saying "thank you" seems so inadequate.

As Paul ministered among those in Galatia he obviously suffered from some type of serious illness. Look what he told them in his letter regarding his illness and their responnse to it:


Galatians 4:12-14 You have done me no wrong. 13 As you know, it was because of an illness that I first preached the gospel to you. 14 Even though my illness was a trial to you, you did not treat me with contempt or scorn. Instead, you welcomed me as if I were an angel of God, as if I were Christ Jesus himself.

I want to thank the people of ClearView for your patience as I recover. "You have not treated me with contempt or scorn". Quite the contrary ... you have treated me in such a way as to spoil me :-). For all the cards, facebook messages, and other expressions of love you have sent my way, you have treated me "as if I were an angel of God ... as if I were Christ Jesus himself". I am honored to be your pastor. I will see you all soon!!

No comments: