Friday, November 28, 2008

Let me introduce ...

I have had the privilege of publicly introducing many people over the years. To be honest nothing makes me more nervous. You are given a minute or less to share with the audience information about the speaker that would make them like and want to hear the speaker. Some speakers I have introduced had been friends for years while others I had not met until moments before I was to introduce them.

So, let me challenge you to introduce someone close to you. Let's make it the person you love the most and knows you best. For most of us, that would be our spouse. Maybe a parent ... or a brother or sister .... or a best friend. You have less than a minute verbally or 250 words on the screen. They are about to speak to a group of your peers. What would you say about them?

For example,

"Today, I have the privilege of introducing my wife Leigh Ann. Leigh Ann is obviously beautiful on the outside, but she is most beautiful on the inside. She has been an amazing wife for almost 25 years and the primary reason our two college age girls have turned out to be caring, generous, God loving young ladies. An awesome mom! She is also a hard working and intelligent business woman and leader of over 2400 women as a National Executive Director with BeautiControl. Leigh Ann's greatest asset is her heart for others and a desire to minister in the name of Christ."

Now, you try it. You are welcomed to leave it as a comment below. Or, maybe you just want to keep it to yourself. Remember, you must be brief. This is the challenge. You cannot tell their life story. You can only hit the most critical of highlights. You must condense all you feel about a person into a few words. Your turn.

No comments: