Sunday, November 2, 2008

Trip to Portugal


This post almost didn't happen. I hesitate to mention it, but Leigh Ann and I will be leaving for Lisbon, Portugal tomorrow morning for a week. I hesitate to mention it because this one is not a mission trip, but a pleasure trip. I feel a bit awkward as a Pastor at times taking such a trip. But this is a trip Leigh Ann's company has given us as a reward trip for Leigh Ann's hard work this year. We have been on several of these annual awards trips and they are always a real blessing. I have posted photo albums on my facebook page from previous such trips.

I think there will be some long periods of silence on this one. Our itenerary tells us that the first night will be some kind of music concert at which it is rude to talk. Then one afternoon we visit a monastary (which I am fired up about no kidding!). We will see other sites. Lisbon is known as the city on 7 hills. It is the western most capital in Europe which means our flight will be a bit shorter than some previous trips.

Anyway, I wanted you to know why I was going silent for a few days. See ya when we return. Thanks to all of you stop by on a regular basis.

No comments: