Friday, May 9, 2008

Today I saw some old friends

Some of you that read this blog know I spent 10 years working for a company (ministry) called LifeWay. Once a month, on Friday, the division I served (Church Resources Division) has a leadership meeting for the managers and directors in the division. The Vice President for CRD (John Kramp) has extended an open invitation to me to visit this meeting as a guest at any time.

The last three years I served in this division John would give a "spiritual leadership talk" at the end of these meetings. They are always thought throuh, challenging, thought provoking, and best of all, biblical. John always presents these at the end of these monthly leadership meetings. I decided today to take John up on his open invitation and attend the end of the meeting to listen to the talk ... as well as reconnect with many friends.

As usual, the talk was inspiring. He taught on what happens when a leader's preparation meets an opportunity using the incident from the life of Joseph when he gave Pharaoh the plan to get through the time of famine. Good stuff. I hope some day John will publish / release the archives of these teachings. If he does, get a copy.

But my favorite part of today was the chance to see many old friends. The people of LifeWay are truly a special group of people. Over the 10 years I served in this ministry I got to know many of them personally. It is always refreshing to see them and do a little catching up.

The time I spent in the building at One LifeWay Plaza today also reminded me how blessed I am to have been privileged to serve in this ministry and alongside these people. For those of you familiar with the ministry of LifeWay, I would ask you to take a few moments to pray for God to continue to bless this unique ministry as they walk along side churches. LifeWay's future is as bright as ever under the leadership of Dr. Thom Rainer. He has surrounded himself with a gifted group of leaders. May God give them insights beyond their imaginations!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I get no mention and instead you say nice things about Kramp and Rainer. Sad. I know how you really feel now.

c.w. goad said...

Did you work with a close friend of mine Nancy H. at Lifeway?

We work together now. Praying for your team.

Ferventservant.blogspot.com

Mark said...

I may have worked with Nancy. Don't recognize immediately. Your name is familiar. Have we met?