Thursday, May 15, 2008

In China

We are all safe and sound and doing well in China. The earthquake hit about 900 miles from Beijing, where we have been the past three days. We are 13 hours ahead of you if you are in Nashville. For the rest of you I guess you will do the math from there.

This is a beautiful city of 14 million people with 3 million additional on any given day due to tourism and business travel. Our guides have been very nice. I can now scratch Great Wall from my bucket list (if I had one). Wow! It was amazing.

There is so much rich culture and history here. I will have many pictures upon my return.

We will be teaching all day tomorrow (Friday). We will be traveling to Tiyuan Saturday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad all of you are safe. Praying you would find practical and reliable ways to extend aid to the regional earthquake and cyclone survivors. And that your Good News teachings will become known as the bearers of a Mission of Mercies.

c.w. goad said...

Strange. I've searched the blogs all night feeling like there was someone in need of prayers. I stumbled onto your site and I know it's your team. I'm from TN too. I'll be lifting you up.

Live raw..... ferventservant.blogspot.com

Mark said...

Thanks for the prayers. We are back in Franlin safe ... and a little tired.