Sunday, May 11, 2008

Today ... and the next 10 days

Today at ClearView was a bit odd for me for some reason. I don't even know exactly what I mean by that. Things just seemed a bit out of sorts. Many kind people spoke words of encouragment to me as usual on Sundays. There are just some Sundays when you get a sense as a pastor that you just don't feel like you are connecting. Today just seemed like one of those days to me. I have thought about this some this afternoon and I will chalk it up to my mind being thousands of miles away already.

Preaching is really a unique experience. Maybe a full blog on this some time in the near future. As a preacher, you live with a passage and a message for days. Most weeks you think about the message to be delivered on Sunday more than anything else. Preaching through Acts I have felt at times as if I am living in another era ... the time of Acts. What a movement! I do long for God to move in and through our church like He did amidst the early church.

As many of you know, I will be heading out on a 10 trip tomorrow. Please pray for us (John Garder, Dr. Thiele, and me) over the next 10 days. If I can get to this blog I will be posting some during the trip.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mark- Your message on Sunday connected very deeply with me. Last week, I had been wrestling with regret of not being more involved at my daughter's school (a Christian school) and getting to know the other parents more. I came to realize that over the years, I had to prioritize my time, and I chose to be very involved in the preschool ministry at ClearView. Your message affirmed my thinking - as I feel I have invested my life at ClearView and I have no regrets. Sincerely, Barbara