Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Bracketology

OK, most of the blogs on here have been a bit heavy. So let's try something a little lighter. March Madness, Bracketology, and Final Four are prominent words in our vocabularies these days. This has been a great year for college basketball in the state of Tennessee. OK, so I'm not a raving fan of UT or Vandy or Memphis, but it's been fun to live in Middle TN as a basketball fan.

Actually, Austin Peay was my first love (basketball). But that has been so long ago, I can hardly remember it. For those of you that have been around Middle Tennessee basketball for a long time, it was in the days of "Fly" Williams. I saw him play at the old Austin Peay gym (The Little Red Barn). That place would actually shake when the fans would crank it up! That is where my love for basket ball began. But I digress.
With my Georgia Bulldogs not even sniffing the tournament, that leaves me free to play the field. I suppose I could pull for Western Kentucky since I have a bit of a financial investment with my oldest daughter attending there. Congrats to the Hilltoppers for winning their conference, but I'm afraid the first round will be the end of the line. Yes, I know they haven't set the brackets yet, but I still believe the will make a quick exit.

Or maybe I could pull for Belmont. Geographically, they are located closest of all the teams in teh tournament to the church I pastor and my wife did attend there, but again, it's futile. The Bruins will make a hasty exit as well.

What about Vandy or UT or Memphis? As much as I like Shan Foster,
I don't think Vandy is strong enough defensively to go all the way.
That leaves UT and Memphis. Either of those two certainly stand a chance.
I would give Memphis the edge in any rematch.

So who would I pick? UNC. Sorry, but Roy Williams is just the man! King of the Hill will be the Tar Hills when the tournament ends. There. I made my prediction.
Early? Yes. "But the brackets aren't even set yet." I know.


So what's your prediction?





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mark..Carla forwarded us your blog address. We really enjoy reading them. You should do a podcast as well (we love our ipod). We have all our friends over here hooked on James MacDonald. Hope all is well. Thanks for your blogs...Marlana

Mark said...

I saw several hits from Australia. Glad you are reading. We are so happy for you guys with the new baby.
James will bless you for sure.
Mark