Sunday, March 15, 2009

25 Years

There are a number of things I would do differently if given the opportunity. But marrying Leigh Ann Sessoms on March 17, 1984 is not one of them. I would do it again tomorrow. Tuesday of this week marks our 25th wedding anniversary.

I am so grateful to her and for her. A man could not ask for more in a wife. This is the best way I know to tell you about her and how much I love the woman who has been my life and ministry partner for the past 25 years:

Proverbs 31:10-12, 25-31

10 Who can find a capable wife? She is far more precious than jewels. 11 The heart of her husband trusts in her, and he will not lack anything good. 12 She rewards him with good, not evil, all the days of her life. 25 Strength and honor are her clothing, and she can laugh at the time to come. 26 She opens her mouth with wisdom, and loving instruction is on her tongue. 27 She watches over the activities of her household and is never idle. 28 Her sons rise up and call her blessed. Her husband also praises her: 29 “Many women are capable, but you surpass them all!” 30 Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord will be praised. 31 Give her the reward of her labor, and let her works praise her at the city gates.

Leigh Ann, I love you and thank God for you. Thanks for sharing the past 25 years with me ... and many more to come.

1 comment:

Darryl Wilson said...

Congratulations on 25 years! My wife, Yvonne, and I celebrate 25 years on May 26. God has blessed us both with good a good woman.