Monday, July 14, 2008

Grades and your future ...


Are grades really important? The answer is, "yes, of course they are". So parents, as you read this, you can know I absolutely believe grades are important.

If you were about to have brain surgery wouldn't you like to know the grade your doctor got in Incisions 101 or Brain Anatomy 301? I think I would. But then again, maybe not.

I was looking for some information in my office today and came across an old notebook from seminary. Many of you that read this blog know that I am currently preaching through the Book of Acts on Sunday mornings at the church I serve as pastor. I came across some notes and tests from a class I took on the Book of Acts. Now, keep in mind, I was pastoring a church full time 90 miles from school, raising a toddler, taking a full load of classes, blah, blah, blah (Can you see what's coming?). I found a test on which I scored a 75 in Acts. Ugh!

So, I had to look to see what I missed. Oh my! Where was my head? I was probably sleeping through class (see the note above about driving 90 miles one way, etc.) the day they gave the notes for that test. Oh, this is so embarassing. I promise, I am much more focused these days as I prepare.

Just thought this was funny (sort of).

2 comments:

dggcoop said...

I am really enjoying hearing you each week. I was asked to teach SS at the last minute and I used the 20 hr notice to study and prepare, but I didn't know what I was going to say for the second half of class. However, the topic yesterday morning of working in our personal mission field was exactly what we needed! God is good and provides us with all that we need.

Mark said...

dggcoop,

Thanks for the comment. I am so grateful when God uses anything I might offer.