Friday, February 22, 2008

Why blog?

We might as well begin this venture (blog) with a little transparency. I have avoided starting a blog like a plague. Quite frankly, I have been of the opinion that people who had blogs must feel like they have much to say that people will want to hear. I am a firm believer that most people really don't care about most other people's opinions and that includes mine.

So, why create a blog? Simple really. I have found as I have moved back into the role of pastor (especially pastor of a large church) the need to communicate as often and as clearly as possible. This will be the purpose of this blog.

Vision casting is essential for any effective leader. I certainly desire to be an effective leader, if only because I feel the mission of the organization I lead is THE most important any organization can aspire to (that of spreading the message of Christ and helping those that have discovered Him grow in their love for Him). This is another tool to help me do just that ... cast vision.

You will find information about the ministry of ClearView, discoveries I am making in God's Word, observations from experiences, and other ramblings. So, along with millions of others, I now throw myself into thw world of "blog".

3 comments:

carl said...

Congradulations, I don't spell well enough to try the blog world.
Dad

Ray said...

BLOG? I thought that was something like a fingerprint on my glasses!

UncM

Ray said...

BLOG? I thought it was like getting a fingerprint on my glasses!

UncM